I'm still collecting more photos for some posts I have in mind (not to mention I still have more than 150 pictures set aside to post). I have several ideas that I'm planning for. Either I'll wait to make those posts or I'll start and create parts.
Anyway, this morning as I walked to class I wasn't expecting to hear 윤미래 / Yoon Mirae (also known as Tasha or T). I love her voice! It turns out "삶의 향기 (Soul Flower)" was being played on the speakers throughout campus. I was really happy to hear one of my favorite songs :)
The shops in shopping districts often blast music, for the most part K-Pop. I can usually recognize the songs, and I'm always glad when some of my favorites are played.
This is the second week of classes. Although the first day of classes was on March 4, we didn't do anything last week. All my classes, with the exception of one, were cancelled for the second half of the week. Most only met once, if at all, and we didn't start doing anything yet. It was more of an introduction to the course.
Now that classes are starting, I'm having a lot of fun. I've been to three classes so far this week, and I really enjoyed the class discussions as well as the material. Last week I wrote a lot about classes, and I'll get around to editing that and sharing some of it here.
Also, students dress nicely here. Not super fancy, but still nice. I felt plain and unfashionable in jeans and my winter coat last week.
In the U.S. I was told by a Korean-American woman that students in Korea don't dress as sloppily as some Americans do. I can imagine that. I don't think I'll be seeing anyone go to class or to eat in the clothes they slept in while I'm here.
I never dress sloppily but I've always wished I'd wear nice outfits much more often. It's really frustrating. However, comfort and practicality are important to me. It's a bit of a shame. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to dressing nicely. Also, you need more clothes for that, and I didn't pack a lot. I tend to dress simply.
No comments:
Post a Comment