Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ipselenti

A night of cheering and K-Pop.

I think my photos (and the few videos I have) fail to capture the atmosphere of this event. It's a lot of fun, it's really awesome, but I think my pictures are lacking in trying to convey that. Really, you just need to be there yourself and experience it to see what it's like.

You need a ticket but they're really easy to get. It only cost 9000 won and if you're an exchange student your KUBA buddy will help you get one. They're also sold during the event, outside.

From what I've gathered, upperclassman don't bother going to Ipselenti. Again, I think it's a thing that underclassman mainly take part in and enjoy.

Ipselenti was held on the same field where KUBA's field day was held.

The field and stands were packed.

The stage was equipped with lights and fire blasts and confetti and was able to shoot fireworks across the field.

In the area outside of the entrance, there are many food stands. A lot of beer and meat was being sold.

고대 고대 고대



It starts at 2 pm but I got there a few hours later. People from KUBA had been there for hours to reserve an area for us




I have no idea who they are. Maybe Ladies' Code..? They're not really famous










허각 / Huh Gak









I spy students from Yonsei...


with their blue ㅠ





KU cheerleaders!


about the cheering...
There was an event to learn the KU cheers at the beginning of the semester but I missed it, so this was my first time participating. I've seen some of the cheers and was familiar with a few songs though. I was with my Korean friends who know the cheers really well. They were really into it. That's why I had such an easy time participating. My one friend was really into the head-banging part. That means I was too, since her arm was right by my head ㅋ

Here is my advice: if you have long hair, bring a hair elastic. My hair is long but it's really inconvenient because when we get in circles or lines and link arms over shoulders or around necks long hair can be a problem. Also, don't wear nice clothes. Or at least be aware that your clothes may get dirty. This shouldn't matter that much because with this insane heat and humidity you don't have to be outside for long before wishing you could shower and wash your clothes. But cheering takes energy and can leave you exhausted. In addition to your own sweat, remember that your arms are going to be draped around other people's backs, so don't be bothered too much by having their sweat on you. Also, for one of the songs there's a part in the cheer where you basically try to push people. You will fall over. As for the cheers in which you lean really far back, there's a possibility you may fall over in that case too.

People walk around selling beer but it may be more difficult to get water inside the stadium. Bring water.











Skull and Haha










거미 / Gummy





then a teacher performed, followed by students



김범수 / Kim Bum Soo
he tweeted after the event
I don't really have good pictures of him.
I was surprised that he sang so many songs.





A Pink










fireworks!















Epik High











2NE1
This part was sooo much fun. All my pictures suck though.








KU cheerleaders again




when it was ending


A lot of school spirit. That's the whole point.

My university has nothing like this. I think Ipselenti is really cool. Not to mention that top pop stars come to perform for us. I was really happy to see 2NE1, Epik High, and Gummy!
In the past Taetiseo, Sistar, 4minute, and Rainbow have come to Ipselenti to perform.
KU is a lot of fun.

I found a blog post on last year's Ipselenti: Korea University's IPSELENTI
I think the pictures are better, especially those that show cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment