Monday, April 22, 2013

Abundance of Screens

Maybe it's because I'm in a major city, but I notice that there are screens everywhere. There are TV screens in the subway, in the windows of convenience stores, at malls, on the sides of buildings, and elsewhere. Touch screens are popular.

a vending machine


these info screens are found in subway stations



more





a telephone


by the cash register


to sign when you pay




and so on






I'm not sure why this TV screen came out looking white (but look Yoon Mi Rae!!)


this is on a subway platform. you can't tell from the pictures, but one side of all these are TV screens, so the images moved




the buzzer thing when I went to a cafe with my friend a few weeks ago. we were waiting for our drinks. it was like a mini TV




store and mall directories



in the Science Library of KU


on the street. it reflected too much



outside a restaurant


You get the idea? I just decided to collect some photos of screens around here. As far as I can recall, I only saw screens in large shopping malls when I was at home, and they weren't touch screens. My high school also had many screens. So does Times Square. Otherwise, I don't think I've ever been somewhere with this many TV and touch screens.

These photos are from Coex. All mall directories are giant touch screen panels, where you can look up your location and do lots of other stuff



I don't even know what this is. I wonder what the footprint markings are for


for buying a movie ticket and selecting your seat




ok wow these photos are really bad. =(
I've noticed that my camera is not at all useful for taking pictures of screens. Usually the photo is way too dark and the screen isn't clear. Sorry about that. Maybe I should play around with the settings on my camera..?

No comments:

Post a Comment