I had such a busy weekend!
A couple weeks ago I noted that I eat a lot of meat, and that I should try to eat less meat. I rarely ate meat in the U.S. Here I often eat out, and meat is often included. It's not good for me. My plan to reduce my meat consumption wasn't going well, so last week I decided to be strict about it and really make an effort. That lasted for two days.
On Sunday, I went to Gwacheon (과천) with a group of people. We went to a restaurant for lunch, where we ate duck
There was also a fire outside, along with caged rabbits and chickens.
I also saw this cute dog
Then, we went to a horse race, where we made bets
In the evening, I joined 15 other foreigners for dinner. We went to a Korean barbecue buffet. We had unlimited meat.
The next day, I met up with a group again to go out for lunch
I've been collecting photos of food for one big post, but I went ahead to add these here.
In fact, I've been saving up photos for a number of things, but I'm starting to realize it may be a better idea to post the photos as I go on, instead of creating one massive post later on eventually.
One thing you may notice is that there is often a communal aspect to meals. Usually, there is one platter or dish of food in the center of the table for everybody to share. A few Korean students have acknowledged that some foreigners are not fond of this, since we take food from the same plate or drink soup from the same bowl with our own spoons. I'm not bothered by this. If you're worried about germs, just use an extra, separate spoon for serving into your own little plate or dish.
What I do find a bit annoying is that the cups for water are small. I drink a lot of water when I eat. Also, if you're not alone you shouldn't refill your own cup, but often no one notices that my cup is empty.
One difference that stood out to me right away is the use of scissors at meals. If you're having trouble with your food, you can ask for scissors at restaurants for cutting meat or noodles into smaller pieces. It's convenient.
For April Fools yesterday, a lot of KU students wore their high school uniforms or Yonsei jackets.
Today is a rainy day. The rain isn't heavy though. This is only the second time I've had to use my umbrella in Korea. I heard the song "우산" by Epik High featuring Younha being played on the loudspeakers throughout campus this morning.
I see the slideshow feature is back. I don't know if Blogger temporarily changed or if I accidentally changed some sort of settings. Anyway, click on the photos to make them bigger and use the arrow keys.
No comments:
Post a Comment