I haven't really talked about my own personal experiences. I still really want to post something on my classes, but I wrote a ton about that over a month ago so I have to go back to look at that and edit it. Like I've said, I've been planning several posts for weeks.
On Saturday last weekend, I went to Yongsan station again to go to I'Park.
In the bookstore there's a small CD section. I took pictures there. (Actually, I've already posted some.)
A few years ago when I saw K-Pop CD selections physically in a store for the first time I got really excited. I was thrilled. Since I live in the U.S. I have to order everything online, which includes a shipping cost and waiting for the package to arrive. I loved going to those rare stores in Koreatown or Chinatown that sell K-Pop, although I still sometimes preferred ordering online, since CDs cost about twice as much in stores in the U.S. than they do in Korea.
Now I'm in Korea, and I can easily buy as many CDs as I'd like, with no extra cost. Unfortunately, with 30 CDs already at home, there's nothing I particularly want. I already own every album I would want to buy, so it's kind of a shame... A few years ago I would have been ecstatic to be in Korea and have access to lots of CDs and DVDs and photobooks and merchandise. I have bought a few things here, but usually I just browse.
You'll notice that there are shops in tourist areas that sell K-Pop merchandise. Myeongdong is great because you can find official concert goods. More on that later.
Here are my pictures from I'Park last weekend. Keep in mind this is just in a tiny music section.
Jaejoong's album was released a couple months ago, but his image is still around this area ^^
the three different versions of Tohoshinki's latest Japanese album
I have this poster at home
TVXQ
Super Junior and SHINee CDs
Big Bang
TVXQ
Girls' Generation
more K-Pop
dramas. I've seen both. I really like 응답하라 1997!
I ended up buying these. Even though I already have the songs and saw the movie. oh well
my lunch
In the afternoon I took the subway to 이대 with my friend to go shopping. It was raining and cold so the weather wasn't ideal. Still, it seems a lot of people went there to go shopping on that day. We ran into people we know from KU several times.
dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment