I realize my posts so far have been kind of pessimistic about Korea. But there are issues of gender inequality and intolerance for LGBTQ people and blackface on TV and plastic surgery and a high suicide rate and a demanding education system, among other things. I know I could go on for hours about major problems with South Korea's entertainment industry, because I recognize a lot of terrible and harmful aspects of the K-Pop industry, and sometimes it deeply troubles me.
But who am I to judge. That's not my intention. Perhaps I focus on flaws too much. On the other hand, I think it's important to recognize problems. But problems are subjective, aren't they?
Anyway
I'm kind of nervous about showing anyone this blog, because while it does contain information on things that interest me, maybe I shouldn't spread them. Which goes against my view that it's important to be aware of things and try to spread awareness, or share opinions. Whatever. Sometimes I'm just scared of the internet and of people judging me.
There are many things about South Korea that are impressive. Korean food is good, too. I ❤ 김치
한글 is awesome.
South Korea has the fastest internet speeds in the world :)
Moving on
I made this post for a book recommendation!
Do you want to learn more about Korean history and culture?!? Do you want to gain some knowledge on South Korea? Yes you do! Then I suggest you read Korea: The Impossible Country by Daniel Tudor. (available on Amazon)
I have to admit the beginning may seem a little boring, but it gets a lot better (I found some of the last few chapters to be the most interesting). There is a lot of information in this book, and I was glad to see the author touch upon a number of things. I was also impressed by several things concerning K-Pop. This book is very recent.

No comments:
Post a Comment