South Korea = Republic of Korea (ROK) - 대한민국 / 한국
I realize some people are not familiar with Korea. This has become more evident to me through the small number of ignorant responses I've received when I tell others that I will study abroad in South Korea.
First of all, North Korea and South Korea are very different. I hope people realize that.
I encourage you to read about Korean history, particularly that of the 20th century, as it concerns the Japanese colonization of Korea, the dividing of Korea by the Soviet Union and the United States, and the Korean War.
I am not going to go into many details right now.
I will share photos of South Korea and my experiences there later on. South Korea is a very modern country. It is a developed country. It has accomplished economic success in an incredibly short amount of time since the devastation of the Korean War (1950 - 1953).
That's all for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment