Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Voices

Some examples of South Korean individuals expressing their personal opinions & thoughts:

Korean Students Speak

Korean Stereotypes

What Conscription Really Means for Koreans

Is Park Geun-Hye’s Election a Feminist Victory?

There's also

Korean High School (Documentary Preview)



Additionally, though this isn’t written by someone who is Korean, this is worth reading: Girls’ Generation has a boy and some serious gender troubles

(I could go on a whole disorganized rant on girl groups, their images, double standards, the widespread slut-shaming by females and males of all ages from around the world, in this case concerning Korean pop groups, aegyo, and other things, mostly including my observations, but I won’t. Unless you ask. However, I will add that while Girls’ Generation obviously cater to oppa in their songs and music videos, there are a few girl groups who don’t have this typical image of being innocent, cutesy, and all about boys whose love they desperately want. 2NE1 comes to mind, whose song lyrics routinely tell guys to get lost. There’s also the wonderful music video for Bloom, which caused a stir, by Brown Eyed Girls member Ga In. But I wasn’t going to rant. So I’ll simply leave it at that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment